So the adventures of becoming a group fitness instructor continues…
Today was one of those days, awesome, filled with adventure and challenges!
The day started early (yes, this isn’t unusual in our household), but I was up early for a different reason today. I attended the YMCA’s annual Fitness Connexion.
What an inspiring morning!
I got to hang out with some of the finest fitness professionals, who are all on a mission to share their healthier lifestyles and to teach others how to be able to become strong, fit and healthy. Such an empowering time!
My day looked a little something like this:
- Registered at 8:30am at the Ottawa Convention Centre
- 9:15-11:00 – Workshop on How to work out with a step!
- 11:15-12:30 – Workshop on Learning more about body composition as you age
- 12:30-1:30 – Veggie Lunch and Exploring of the Fitness Expo
- One of the best parts of the day included running into some of the individuals who taught my the in class theory parts of the program.
WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT MYSELF?
- I will never be a Step class instructor (thank goodness I am all about strength and resistance!)
- The above point leads me to my second, I am not as “coordinated” as I originally thought I was.
- I am IN LOVE with squats and lunges, these exercises make me feel A-Mazing.
- I can be shy, especially in situations where I am outside of my comfort zone and in a field that is unique to my entire professional and personal background.
- I love the energy and support like-minded fitness professionals provide each other
- I might be become a fitness professional because I love LOVE love work out clothes (and how empowered and strong I feel! I know I know, sounds vain!)
On a bit of a tangent …
Of course I had to shop along the way for my upcoming business meeting! (Totally off topic, but I am loving the dress selection at Victoire on Dalhousie!) Follow my instagram @mymamajourney for some fabulous pictures of my finds this week.