Happy Thanksgiving Canada!
I can’t believe that it is already October, let alone Canadian Thanksgiving. I find myself reflecting on the year so far and I can’t help but feel like giving thanks for those people and events in my life that have helped to uplift and empower me.
I know it seems cliché to only celebrate those things that you are thankful for once a year. For me, I don’t see it like that. I am always thankful but sometimes given how busy our lives can be as working professionals, parents, sisters and friends … we forget to slow down and take time for personal reflection.
Today, as we celebrate this time of harvest and blessings in our lives let me sure with you what I am grateful for this year:
- My family (& friends) – my support, my rocks and the people I can lean on when I am feeling happy or overwhelmed. The people I go to when I need to just “be me”. This, if you recall was the year I moved from twenty something to a thirty something.
- Many opportunities to be able to try new things and pursue passions that I never knew I had.
- Living in a country that encourages its citizens to take a stand, voice their opinions and unites in times of need.
- Those individuals who have personally helped to guide me along my new journey as a fitness professional, helping me to harness my passion and push me out of my comfort zone to become a female entrepreneur.
- Finally, thankful that my little one is shifting up to preschool … as this signals a near end to the “terrible twos”.