Every once in a while we have this urge for a delicious Quiche, with loads of seasonal veggies and farm fresh eggs. Thanks to our weekly Rochon Garden CSA basket, we access to such fresh ingredients.
Two weeks ago, I decided to put together a crustless Quiche, using fresh Kale as a base. Here are my tips and tricks for a full proof Quiche recipe.
- Kale (1 small bunch)
- 1 small zucchini
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan
- 6-8 medium size eggs
- 3-4 broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped peppers (red, orange, green)
- 1/2 tsp of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of red onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Meat – finely chopped ham, bacon or turkey
Seasonings: salt, pepper, chili flakes, and parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease the bottom of your pie plate. Place the Kale (remove the stems, but place whole Kale on the base of pie plate).
- Mix together the eggs, seasonings and milk. Set aside.
- In your frying pan, add a little bit of oil (your choice), sauté onions and garlic together. Once the onions start to become translucent (5 mins or so), add your meat and cook for 5-7 mins.
- Once the meat is ready, add your veggies and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the cooked veggies and meat into your egg mixture, and carefully pour into your pie plate (already lined with Kale).
- Pop into your oven and cook until the eggs are no longer runny (45 mins).
Serve with fresh salad and your preferred hot sauce! YUMMY!