I felt inspired by the comments I received on my post the day after I turned the big 3-0 to share my ten goals for the next year, as I find my bearings as the latest member of the 30 something club.
One thing I realized as I aged was that there is a definite connection between living a healthy lifestyle and making changes to both your eating habits and exercise habits.
This connection is so important for ensuring a healthy mind and soul. For me, I feel so much more positive and in control of my feelings and eating when I take the time to workout and challenger myself physically.
1. Complete my fitness certification by end of summer (almost there!!).
2. Run my first 1/2 marathon.
3. Teach/organize my first circuit training/boot camp class program. This is part of a longer term goal that teaching and running these programs would become a part of my weekly routine.
4. Eliminate all packaged and processed food from my family’s diet.
5. Live the “Fridgeonomics” lifestyle. Buy only what we need, waste not want not.
6. Read more. Be an active participant in the two virtual book clubs I have joined.
7. Become a member of the #5amclub. This means in bed by 10pm! (
8. Continue to spend quality time with my little family, by learning to relax more and slow our pace down.
9. Be happy. Be positive. And enjoy the moment more (wait … maybe this could be actually 3 separate goals).
And most importantly,
10. Finally, own it. By loving this new chapter and embracing all the changes it presents, both physically and mentally. Show by example has been my motto since my daughter was born and now it becomes even more important as her awareness of the world around her grows. I want her to be enjoy each milestone in her life.
I know I have mixed very tangible goals with sort of intangible ones. But that’s okay! Like life, having diversified goals is what keeps us on our toes, tests us and challenges us to continue to push and seek out what makes YOU happy.