Okay, noticing a theme emerging?
We are loving chia seeds in our smoothies, in homemade jam and now as pudding. There are so many great benefits associated with these little super seeds.
For months we have been wanting to try chia pudding. A simple, delicious pudding to stop those carvings for something sweet. We found an amazing recipe in our “Oh She Glows Cookbook” and we HAD to try it. Please note there are 100’s of different recipes out there, again, be creative and experiment with what works for you.
How’d it go? See below!
– 3-4 tbsps of chia seeds
– 1 tbsp of maple syrup or fresh honey
– 1 small drop of vanilla flavouring
– 1/2 cup of milk or non-dairy milk (we actually used Oh So Good Coconut Milk)
– Whisk the chia seeds, natural sweetener, vanilla and milk together. I prefer to make our pudding in a mason jar, it’s a convenient storage container, glass is much healthier than plastic and it just looks cool! (It’s all about how your food looks to get you excited about trying something new).
– Let the pudding chill for a couple of hours, preferably overnight! As my daughter says “it’s yummy in your tummy!”.
Simple and delicious recipes are classics in your household.
Would we make it again? YES! Absolutely!
My husband, as always, was thinking outside the box when he prepared our smoothies this morning and decided to add a couple of tablespoons of the pudding into the smoothie. Since the pudding itself was sweet (due to the Canadian maple syrup!), we focused more on the greens and carrots in our smoothie.
Again, another hit in the smoothie department!
Homemade muffins with Manitoba Harvest Hemp seeds are on the menu for my Tasty Tuesday recipe next week.
Compliments of Montreal Runner Mom! Thanks!!