I love linking up with Life In Leggings on Friday’s to share my favourites from the week (I try to share those things that really make me smile and keeps me going for the week to come). If you want to join the fun, click the badge below!
1. Homemade Scones: So it’s a wonder I can keep my form since my husband discovered the joys of making homemade scones. He first mastered a savoury scone (cheddar and chives) and now, he has discovered a delicious blueberry and lemon flavoured scone. The burst of the blueberry and the tartness of the lemon remind me of springtime and summer.
2. Date Nights: These moments are rare right now for us with our little one. When we do get to go out for a night on the town we like to try new restaurants. This past weekend we tried a local Mexican themed restaurant we have had our eye on for a while.
The food was okay, but the company made the evening so much better. It is always so satisfying to show how much you appreciate each other (sans bebe).
3. Challenges: Well I would not be me if I did not challenge myself constantly. One of those challenges starts tomorrow – Saturday is the beginning of my Group Fitness Instructor training. Two days of intensive training! Can I handle this? I also just received my results from my Basic Theory Course, 94% baby!
4. Hair Accessories: So I have been waiting for 22 plus months to finally tie a small ponytail and put a clip in my sweeties hair. The long wait is over. Look at her, it’s adorable!
5. Playdates: I always love reconnecting with the ladies and babies (now toddler) my little one and I spent the majority of our time while I was on maternity leave with … running, chatting and drinking coffee. Many of these lovely ladies are already enjoying time off again with their newest arrivals or will soon be welcoming a new bundle to their beautiful families. Our kids have grown together over the last almost two years and it is amazing to watch how comfortable they are together and how well they play.